Mission Statements of Partner Organizations:
The mission of Island Conservation is to prevent extinctions by removing invasive species from islands.
The Nature Conservancy
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends.
Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge
The Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act of 1980 set forth the following major purposes for establishing and managing the Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge.
- Conserve the refuge's animal populations and habitats in their natural biodiversity... including, but not limited to marine mammals, marine birds and other migratory birds, the marine resources upon which they rely, bears, caribou and other animals.
- Fulfill international treaty obligations of the United States relating to fish and wildlife and their habitats.
- Provide opportunities for continued subsistence uses by local residents (in a manner consistent with purposes number 1 and 2).
- Conduct national and international scientific research on marine resources (in a manner consistent with purposes number 1 and 2).
- Ensure water quality and quantity within the refuge (to the maximum extent practicable and in a manner consistent with purpose number 1).